Rose Pink Dongria Tussar Saree
While pink might seem very clichéd, but not this one. A beautiful amalgamation of authenticity, simplicity and elegance, this Rose Pink Tussar Dongria saree is finely handcrafted by the weavers of Gopalpur with hours of intricate hardwork. The beautiful rose pink body of the saree compliments the shades of green with temple border. The entire saree is ornamented with small diamond butis.
Originally, Dongria tribe of Odisha used to weave cotton shawls from khadi yarns and hand embroider them beautifully. As it became popular, in order to preserve this art, the weavers across Odisha started creating handloom sarees resembling the traditional shawl. The geometrical motifs are mostly inspired by the nature that the tribe worships. They are woven onto the pallu and the borders showing the intimate relationship of the tribe with nature. The pallu, being the most attractive part of the saree, has an intricate weave design creating the beautiful geometric motifs imitating the Dongria embroidery.
The simplicity of this saree and the geometric motifs gives a contemporary feel with a traditional touch. It is versatile and can be styled in any way to make you look elegant and sophisticated.
It comes with a blouse piece. Length - 5.5 metres, Width - 47 inches.
We request you to kindly check all the details of the saree before making the purchase. For any queries, feel free to contact us by clicking the WhatsApp link. Please also check below the extra information about Care and Handling a pure handloom sare.
Copyright of photos, text and videos reserved exclusively for © suumayaweaves.
- The colors of the actual product may slightly vary due to the digital medium. Our endeavour has been to present you the true colors of the products as far as possible.
- There may be loose threads on the backside of the pallu or borders of the sarees, which is a mark of true hand-woven or handloom saree.
- The slight irregularities or imperfections in the body/anchal/border of the sarees are to be celebrated as a mark of true handloom products, enhancing their uniqueness and beauty.
For silk sarees - Dry clean
For cotton sarees – Hand-wash separately in cold water and dry in shade.
- Iron Care: Light iron.
For Pattachitra handpainted products, iron only on the backside or use a cotton cloth on top of the painted parts while ironing.
- Domestic shipping across India is free of cost. We have partnered exclusively with Blue Dart for all shipping across India.
- For overseas shipping , we have partnered with DHL. Overseas Shipping is FREE for all orders over INR 25000. A flat rate of INR 2000 will be charged for all orders below INR 25000
Please note we do NOT offer refunds on any order placed due to any reason as all the products are painstakingly designed and curated by us at Suumayaweaves.
However, if you are not entirely satisfied with the product, we are here to help. You have 2 calendar days to return any product from the date you received it.
Return will be processed ONLY in case of a damaged product.
To be eligible for return, all items must be new and unused, in the same condition with all the tags and labels intact.
The presence of threads on the back of the saree is NOT considered an imperfection or damage. It is a mark of authentic handloom.
There will be slight colour variation due to the use of digital medium for photography and showcasing of the product. But we strive to provide you the closest shade as seen in the picture.
The slight imperfections in the weave are not considered as damage as these imperfections actually make every product unique and a piece of luxury for you to cherish.
If you have any queries please feel free to contact us.