Utkalamkari - Pen Kalamkari On Berhampuri Patta
A never before made saree that represents our undying passion to create beautiful pieces of art to preserve the handloom legacy of our states. Please scroll down to read saree details. Please note that shipping within India is free of charge. For our overseas customers, we are delighted to offer a special international shipping flat fee of $25 (USD) irrespective of the number of sarees purchased.
This beautiful intricately handoven kalamkari took many months to make. For the very first time , I am introducing a fusion of Odisha handloom silk saree on which Kalamkari work have been depicted. This represents our undying passion to create beautiful pieces of art to preserve the handloom legacy of our states.
It took nearly 6 months to make this beautiful piece.
These beautiful pieces are heirloom pieces and can’t be made on order basis.. all of them are single piece 😊
Kalamkari, indigenous to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states, is an ancient Indian artform using a pen dipped in natural colors. Peacock, paisleys, flowers and divine characters from Hindu epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana are the primary theme of Kalamkari painting. There are 2 distinct styles of Kalamkari in the present day - Srikalahasthi, which comprises of pen Kalamkari, and block printed or screen printed Kalamkari in Machilipatnam. All the sarees presented here have been hand-picked from authentic Kalamkari suppliers from SriKalahasthi.
Comes with blouse piece.
- The colors of the actual product may slightly vary due to the digital medium. Our endeavour has been to present you the true colors of the products as far as possible.
- There may be loose threads on the backside of the pallu or borders of the sarees, which is a mark of true hand-woven or handloom saree.
- The slight irregularities or imperfections in the body/anchal/border of the sarees are to be celebrated as a mark of true handloom products, enhancing their uniqueness and beauty.
For silk sarees - Dry clean
For cotton sarees – Hand-wash separately in cold water and dry in shade.
- Iron Care: Light iron.
For Pattachitra handpainted products, iron only on the backside or use a cotton cloth on top of the painted parts while ironing.
- Domestic shipping across India is free of cost. We have partnered exclusively with Blue Dart for all shipping across India.
- For overseas shipping , we have partnered with DHL. Overseas Shipping is FREE for all orders over INR 25000. A flat rate of INR 2000 will be charged for all orders below INR 25000
Please note we do NOT offer refunds on any order placed due to any reason as all the products are painstakingly designed and curated by us at Suumayaweaves.
However, if you are not entirely satisfied with the product, we are here to help. You have 2 calendar days to return any product from the date you received it.
Return will be processed ONLY in case of a damaged product.
To be eligible for return, all items must be new and unused, in the same condition with all the tags and labels intact.
The presence of threads on the back of the saree is NOT considered an imperfection or damage. It is a mark of authentic handloom.
There will be slight colour variation due to the use of digital medium for photography and showcasing of the product. But we strive to provide you the closest shade as seen in the picture.
The slight imperfections in the weave are not considered as damage as these imperfections actually make every product unique and a piece of luxury for you to cherish.
If you have any queries please feel free to contact us.