Sambalpuri Pasapalli Silk Saree
Please scroll down to read saree details.
Sambalpuri sari has got several variants and Pasapalli is one of them. Pasapalli sari is a hand woven sari made of silk fabric and has a beautiful and exclusive `aanchal`.
Pasapalli sari is woven mainly in places like Sonepur, Barpali and Baunshri. The specialty of the sari is, it has chess board like prints in the entire body with characteristic white and black/red squares.
The borders of this sari are usually decorative and the `aanchal` is designed in various patterns. The excellence of this weaving is accredited to the ancient weaving art form called `baandhakala`. This is a very intricate method and done manually with great caution.
The `baandha` is performed by tie-dye method which is unique in itself.This baandha technique enables the weaver to weave the sari in different patterns, colors and multiple designs.
The aanchal of Pasapalli sari has peculiar traditional designs woven in the sari like sankha (conch), chakra (wheel), phulla (flowers), animals, birds and at times temple like imprint. This portrays the artistic level of the weavers and their craftsmanship. The entire weaving method of the Pasapalli sari runs through an intricate procedural technique.
Pair this saree with minimalistic oxidised or even gold jewellery for a perfect party or function outfit. Harmonising colours and clean lines makes this saree unique and contemporary at the same time.
It comes with a blouse piece. Length - 5.5 metres, Width - 47 inches.
We request you to kindly check all the details of the saree before making the purchase. For any queries, feel free to contact us by clicking the WhatsApp link. Please also check below the extra information about Care and Handling a pure handloom saree.
Copyright of photos, text and videos reserved exclusively for © suumayaweaves.
- The colors of the actual product may slightly vary due to the digital medium. Our endeavour has been to present you the true colors of the products as far as possible.
- There may be loose threads on the backside of the pallu or borders of the sarees, which is a mark of true hand-woven or handloom saree.
- The slight irregularities or imperfections in the body/anchal/border of the sarees are to be celebrated as a mark of true handloom products, enhancing their uniqueness and beauty.
For silk sarees - Dry clean
For cotton sarees – Hand-wash separately in cold water and dry in shade.
- Iron Care: Light iron.
For Pattachitra handpainted products, iron only on the backside or use a cotton cloth on top of the painted parts while ironing.
- Domestic shipping across India is free of cost. We have partnered exclusively with Blue Dart for all shipping across India.
- For overseas shipping , we have partnered with DHL. Overseas Shipping is FREE for all orders over INR 25000. A flat rate of INR 2000 will be charged for all orders below INR 25000
Please note we do NOT offer refunds on any order placed due to any reason as all the products are painstakingly designed and curated by us at Suumayaweaves.
However, if you are not entirely satisfied with the product, we are here to help. You have 2 calendar days to return any product from the date you received it.
Return will be processed ONLY in case of a damaged product.
To be eligible for return, all items must be new and unused, in the same condition with all the tags and labels intact.
The presence of threads on the back of the saree is NOT considered an imperfection or damage. It is a mark of authentic handloom.
There will be slight colour variation due to the use of digital medium for photography and showcasing of the product. But we strive to provide you the closest shade as seen in the picture.
The slight imperfections in the weave are not considered as damage as these imperfections actually make every product unique and a piece of luxury for you to cherish.
If you have any queries please feel free to contact us.